Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Cisco ASA tftp Copies and Issues with atftpd

while attempting to copy a new anyconnect pkg file from a CentOS based server running atftpd, I received the following error on a Cisco ASA 5505:

%Error reading tftp://mytftpserver/anyconnect-win-3.1.14018-k9.pkg (Undefined error code)

On the tftp server in /var/log/messages, I saw:


Mar  6 14:49:19 mytftpserver  atftpd[15147]: Serving anyconnect-win-3.1.14018-k9.pkg to 192.168.47.5:32947
Mar  6 14:49:19 mytftpserver atftpd[15147]: Requested file to big, increase BLKSIZE

I had installed tftp a while ago... specifically atftp-server. After looking at the man page for in.tftpd, I concluded there was no good way to set BLKSIZE on this package. The fix was:

sudo yum erase atftp-server
sudo yum install tftp-server

I then edited the xinet.d/tftp file to enable it and change the target directory and restarted xinetd. After this, I was able to copy the pkg file over successfully.

2 comments:

karthireva said...


I feel happy about and I really like this learning more about this topic. keep sharing your information regularly for my future reference.


Dot Net Training Institute in Chennai

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you gotta watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER get back...